SBI Clerk Recruitment 2020 Official Notification released for the post of Junior Associates (Customer Support and Sales) on the official website of State Bank Of India, sbi.co.in.
According to the SBI Clerk 2020 notification, a total of 8000+ vacancies have been announced for the post of Junior Associates – Customer Support and Sales.
SBI Clerk 2020 Exam is one of the most sought-after jobs in India. It is highly prestigious and that is why Lakhs of candidates apply for the recruitment exam of the State Bank of India.
The notification of SBI Clerk Recruitment is now available for download at sbi.co.in/ careers. In this article, we will give detailed information about SBI Clerk Recruitment 2020 or SBI Clerk 2020 Exam.
SBI Clerk 2020 Notification has been released on 02 January 2020 by the State Bank of India for SBI Clerk recruitment against Junior Associate (Customer Support & Sales) vacancies in various branches of the Bank across the country.
This is the golden opportunity for govt job seekers. A total of 8000+ vacancies are available across the country.
Let’s know more briefly about SBI Clerk Recruitment 2020 which is given in the SBI Clerk Notification 2020 by Ste Bank Of India.
SBI Clerk 2020 Notification Out For SBI Clerk Recruitment
SBI Clerk 2020 notification has been released on January 2, 2020. It will include complete details about the SBI clerk 2020 exam date, online application form, syllabus, and schedule.
It also includes details about the SBI Clerk Recruitment procedure. Candidates selected in the SBI Clerk 2020 exam will be joining from the 1st week of December 2020.
Let’s check the exam highlights for SBI Clerk 2020.
|Exam Name||SBI Clerk 2020 Exam|
|Conducting Body||SBI (State Bank of India)|
|Exam Type||National Level|
|Exam Date||Prelims exam: Feb-March 2020|
Mains exam: April 19, 2020
|Eligibility Criteria||Qualification: Graduation|
Age Limit: 20 – 28 years
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Total Vacancies||8000+ (See in the notification)|
|Exam Mode||Computer-Based Test|
Mains: 160 min
|SBI Clerk Salary||₹20,000 to ₹23,000|
|Apply Online||Click here|
|Download Notification||Click Here|
|SBI Clerk Help Desk||1800 222 366/ 1800 103 4566|
SBI Clerk 2020 Exam Date for SBI Clerk Recruitment
State Bank of India (SBI) has released the exam dates of the SBI Clerk 2020 exam along with its official notification. SBI Clerk (Junior Associates) 2020 Preliminary Examination is scheduled in the month of February / March 2020, while SBI Clerk Mains will be conducted on 19th April 2020.
Candidates must keep visiting this website regularly to stay updated about the important updates for SBI Clerk 2020 Exam.
Let us look at the SBI Clerk 2020 exam Date and Exam Schedule for SBI Clerk recruitment 2020.
- The SBI Clerk 2020 application form will be released through online mode on January 3, 2020, & the applicants will be able to submit the application form till January 26, 2020.
- The SBI Clerk 2020 Admit card for preliminary online test will be issued to the eligible candidates in the last week of Feb 2020.
- SBI Clerk 2020 preliminary online based test will be expected to take in Feb-March 2020.
- The announcement of the result for the SBI Clerk 2020 Exam that is the online prelims exam will be released in the mid of March 2020.
- The admit card for the main exam to be issued for the candidates, who qualify the preliminary exam. The main exam will be expected to hold on April 19, 2020.
- Candidates need to check the following tentative schedule for SBI Clerk 2020 recruitment notification.
|SBI Clerk Recruitment 2020||Date (Released)|
|SBI Clerk 2020 apply online date||January 3, 2020|
|Last date to apply for SBI Clerk exam||January 26, 2020|
|SBI Clerk 2020 Admit Card – Prelims||February 2020|
|SBI Clerk 2020 exam date – Prelims||Feb-March 2020|
|SBI Clerk 2020 Result – Prelims||March 2020|
|SBI Clerk Mains Admit Card||April 2020|
|SBI Clerk 2020 Exam date – Main||April 19, 2020|
|SBI Clerk Main Result||May 2020|
|Release of final merit list||June 2020|
SBI Clerk 2020 Vacancy Detail
The SBI Clerk notification 2020 PDF has been released. The total number of vacancies for the SBI Clerk 2020 Exam are 8000+. The designation will be Junior Associate (Customer Support & Sales) in the clerical cadre in State Bank of India. Candidates can apply for vacancies in one state only. You can check more vacancy detail in the official notification of SBI Clerk Recruitment 2020.
Read Also: SSC CHSL Recruitment 2020 Full Detail.
Eligibility Criteria for SBI Clerk Recruitment 2020
SBI clerk eligibility criteria for SBI Clerk Recruitment are quite simple for this entry point in a banking career. Being an Indian national is the basic eligibility criteria that all candidates must fulfill. Apart from that, some openings require knowledge of the local language and computer.
According to the official website of SBI the mandatory eligibility criteria to appear for the SBI Clerk examination is as follows:
- For SBI Clerk Recruitment Candidates must have a graduate degree in any discipline from a government of India recognized university or an equivalent degree which is having recognition by the Central Government.
- Candidates must provide relevant certificates at their time of selection.
Age Limit as on January 1, 2020
- The candidate must have a minimum age of 20 years, while the maximum age limit is set to 28 years as on January 1, 2020.
- There is relaxation provided for this criterion to candidates belonging to the particular category.
- There is a relaxation of five years provided for reservation (SC/ST) candidates. Check age relaxation by category in the following:
- SC/ST – 5 years of relaxation
- OBC – 3 years relaxation
- PWD (SC/ST) – 15 years relaxation
- PWD (OBC) – 13 years relaxation
- PWD (Gen) – 10 years relaxation
- Ex-Servicemen, Commissioned officers (at least 5 years of service) – 5 years of relaxation.
- J&K domicile citizens between 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989 – 5 years.
- Citizen of India
- A subject of Nepal or Bhutan
- Indian origin that has migrated from various countries with the intention of settling permanently in India.
- Tibetan Refugee who came to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanent settlement.
SBI Clerk Application Form 2020
The SBI Clerk online application form 2020 is now available for online registration on the official website. For regular vacancies and backlog, aspiring candidates can check the official State Bank of India Clerk notification 2020 PDF. Candidates can apply for the exam only in online mode.
Before applying for the exam, candidates must keep the scanned copies of the following documents ready:
- A recent passport-sized color photograph(4.5 cm X 3.5 cm) of the candidate in JPEG format, the size should be 20 to 50 kb whereas the dimension should be 200 x 230 pixels.
- Signature in black ink on white paper.
- Left Thumb Impression in blue or black ink on white paper.
- Handwritten Declaration in English with black ink on white paper.
- A signature, Left Thumb Impression, and Handwritten Declaration should in JPEG format of dimensions 140-60 pixels and size 10-20 kb.
SBI Clerk Application Fee
The category wise fee structure for SBI Clerk online application is given below. Fee/Intimation charges once paid will NOT be refunded on any account nor can it be held in reserve for any other examination or selection. The application fee must be paid online.
|Sr. No.||Category||Application Fee|
|2||General/OBC/EWS||Rs. 750/- (App. Fee including intimation charges)|
Documents that you must carry while filling the SBI clerk online application 2020:
- Original or Xerox copies of educational certificates from standard 10th to graduation.
- Scanned copy of a passport-sized photograph and signature.
- Other documents that might be required as a proof of identity or valid certificates for reserved candidates.
- Make sure to keep all documents ready while applying for the examination.
- While applying make sure that you have a good internet connection too.
How to Apply for SBI Clerk Recruitment 2020-01-03
Follow the steps below for SBI Clerk form fill up:
- Log in to the official website of SBI – sbi.co.in/ careers
- Go to the “Latest Announcements” tab and go to the “Recruitment of Junior Associates” Notice
- Click on the “Apply online“
- On the redirected page, click on “Click Here for New Registration”.
- Enter your basic information like Name, Date of Birth, Email ID and Mobile Number to register yourself.
- A Provisional Registration Number and Password will be generated after you have submitted your basic information. Note them down.
- The same will also be sent to you via your registered email ID and phone number.
- Log in with your Provisional Registration Number and Password and edit the particulars, if necessary.
- Enter your Personal, Academic and other details.
- Upload scanned copies of your Signature, Photograph, Left Thumb Impression, and the Handwritten Declaration.
- Make a payment of the application fee.
- Click on “Submit”.
- Download and print out several copies for future reference.
SBI Clerk Recruitment 2020 Exam Pattern
The selection process for SBI Clerk Recruitment will consist of an online exam (Preliminary & Main examination) and test of specified opted local language.
- 1st Stage: SBI Clerk Preliminary Exam
- 2nd Stage: SBI Clerk Main Exam
- 3rd Stage: SBI Clerk Document Verification & Test of Local Language
The marks of the Preliminary exam will not be considered for final merit listing. Provisional selection will be based on a candidate’s performance in the Main exam.
The final selection will be based on document verification as well as the candidate’s performance in the Test of Opted Local Language.
SBI Clerk 2020 Prelims Exam Pattern
|Name of Section||Questions||Marks||Duration|
|English Language||30||30||20 min|
|Numerical Ability||35||35||20 min|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 min|
- This is the first stage of the SBI clerk examination which aims at filtering eligible candidates for the main exam.
- The exam is conducted online at various authorized centers spread across the country.
- The SBI clerk prelims exam is bilingual that available in both the English and Hindi languages, except for the English section.
- The question paper of this exam has 100 questions in the form of MCQs.
- The exam includes questions on subjects such as Numerical ability, reasoning ability, and the English language.
- Each section has 20 minutes fixed duration, thus the total time for the exam is 1 hour.
- There is a negative marking system in this exam, and if candidates give a wrong answer, then 1/4th (0.25) marks will be deducted.
SBI Clerk 2020 Mains Exam Pattern
|Name Of Section||Questions||Marks||Duration|
|General/Financial Awareness||50||50||35 min|
|General English||40||40||35 min|
|Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 min|
|Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||50||60||45 min|
|Total||190||200||2 hr 40 Min|
- The main examination for the SBI Clerk position is also held online.
- It contains 190 MCQs, and the maximum score is of 200 marks.
- The duration of the SBI clerk exam is 2 hours 45 minutes. It is clear that for each section, a fixed timing allotted.
- The questions in this exam cover subjects such as Quantitative Aptitude, General and Financial Awareness, General English, Reasoning Ability and Computer Aptitude for SBI Clerk Recruitment.
- The question paper is provided in both English as well as the Hindi language.
- Just like the preliminary exam, negative marking is applicable in the mains too. 1/4th (0.25) mark is deducted for every wrong answer.
Test of Specified Opted Local Language
Candidates who qualify for selection and produce 10th or 12th standard mark sheet/ certificate evidencing having studied the specified opted local language will not be subjected to any language test.
In the case of others (qualified for selection), specified opted local language tests will be conducted after provisional selection but before joining. Candidates not found to be proficient in specified opted local language would be disqualified.
SBI Clerk Syllabus 2020 – Prelims
SBI Clerk Syllabus 2020 for Prelims exam: SBI clerk prelims exam has 100 objective type questions related to 3 well-known sections, the English Language, Numerical Ability and Reasoning. It is 60 minutes long and each section has 20 minutes fixed duration.
The below table shows the SBI Clerk Syllabus 2020 (prelims exam) for English language, reasoning ability, and quantitative aptitude sections.
|Reasoning||Numerical Ability||English Language|
|Puzzle and Arrangement||Number Series||Reading Comprehension|
|Coding-Decoding||Data Interpretation||Spotting Errors|
|Blood Relations||Data Sufficiency||Sentence Improvement|
|Direction Senses||Miscellaneous||Fill in the Blanks|
SBI Clerk Mains Syllabus 2020
SBI clerk mains exam has 4 sections, 190 objective type questions for 200 marks. The time allotted for the SBI clerk's mains exam is 2 hours & 40 minutes. Similar to prelims, the main exam also has fixed timing for each section.
Read Also: SSC CHSL Syllabus For 2020 Recruitment.
The below table represents the SBI Clerk mains Syllabus 2020 for Reasoning Ability, Quantitative Aptitude, English Language, Banking and Computer Awareness sections.
|Reasoning||Quantitative Aptitude||English Language||General/Economy/ Banking Awareness||Computer Awareness|
|Logical Reasoning||Simplification||Reading Comprehension||Financial Awareness||Internet|
|Alphanumeric Series||Profit & Loss||Grammar||Current Affairs||Memory|
|Ranking/Direction/Alphabet Test||Mixtures & Allegations||Vocabulary||General Knowledge||Keyboard Shortcuts|
|Data Sufficiency||Simple Interest & Compound Interest & Surds & Indices||Verbal Ability||Static Awareness||Computer Abbreviation|
|Coded Inequalities||Work & Time||Word Association||Banking and Financial Awareness||Microsoft Office|
|Seating Arrangement||Time & Distance||Sentence Improvement||Computer Hardware|
|Puzzle||Mensuration ? Cylinder, Cone, Sphere||Para Jumbles||Computer Software|
|Tabulation||Data Interpretation||Cloze Test||Operating System|
|Syllogism||Ratio & Proportion, Percentage||Error Spotting||Networking|
|Blood Relations||Number Systems||Fill in the blanks||Computer Fundamentals /Terminologies|
|Input Output||Sequence & Series|
|Coding-Decoding||Permutation, Combination &Probability|
SBI Clerk 2020 Final Selection Procedure
According to the State Bank of India Clerk notification 2020 for SBI Clerk Recruitment, the marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination will not be added for the selection and only the aggregate marks obtained in Main Examination will be considered for preparation of the final merit list. Provisional selection will be made on the basis of candidate’s performance in the Main examination.
- Final selection will be subject to:-
- Verification of eligibility for the post and information furnished in the online application.
- Qualifying in the test of specified opted local language, where applicable, as detailed above. Results of the candidates who have provisionally qualified for selection will be made available on the official website.
- A waitlist of up to 50% of vacancies (State-category wise) will be maintained. Candidates will be released from this waitlist on a quarterly basis against non-joining and resignation out of the current batch only.
- This waitlist will be valid for a period of one year from the date of declaration of the final result.
SBI Clerk Admit Card 2020
SBI clerk admits card 2020 for prelims exam will be released to the eligible candidates from February 2020 to till the exam date. SBI Clerk 2020 exam dates for prelims online tests are in February-March 2020.
Candidates can easily download SBI clerk admit card 2020 by login on sbi.co.in using their registration number and password/date of birth, these credentials allotted at the time of registration.
Eligible candidates are issued an admit card by the competent authorities at least one or two weeks before the examination. Entry to the exam hall is permitted with this admit card only. For SBI clerk 2020, admit cards are issued online on their official website.
Candidates can download and print it online by providing their registration number and birth date. When an admit card is allotted, you must check details such as your name, address, date of examination, venue, etc. carefully.
Candidates should follow the steps listed below to download SBI clerk admit card 2020
How to Download Admit Card for SBI Clerk Recruitment 2020
- Visit the SBI official website, sbi.co.in
- Click on the link to download SBI Clerk Admit Card 2020.
- Fill the registration number and password allotted to you at the time of registration.
- Click on the login button to download the admit card.
- Verify the details on the SBI Clerk 2020 Admit card and take a print out.
If any discrepancy is found, then the candidate must immediately report it to higher authorities. There are separate admit cards for preliminary as well as the main examination for the SBI Clerk position.
Candidates that qualify and pass the preliminary exam should download and check their main exam admit cards. It is mandatory for candidates to carry this admit card along with photo identity proof to the exam hall. Authorities do not send any hard copy of admit cards or examination call letters by post.
Documents that are accepted as a photo proof of identity for SBI preliminary and mains examination:
Admission to the examination hall is not permitted to candidates that do not have a valid admit card and/or photo ID proof recognized by the government of India. The supervisor holds complete rights to deny a candidate admission to the exam hall without these.
Here is a list of documents that you can carry with you like a photo identity proof:
- Aadhaar Card
- Passport issued by the government of India.
- PAN card.
- Driving license.
- Bank passbook with an attested photograph on it.
- Election Voter’s identity card.
- Identity card issued by any university, school, college or by a gazetted officer.
SBI Clerk Result 2020
SBI Clerk Result 2020: The SBI Clerk result for the prelims exam is expected to be out in March 2020. While the result for the main exam will be declared in May 2020. All those candidates who will able to clear the main exam will appear for the local language tests. Finally, the state bank of India will release the final merit list of selected candidates for the 6 months probation period for SBI Clerk Recruitment.
Candidates can easily check their SBI clerk result for prelims exam by entering the details of registration number or roll number and date of birth. Along with SBI clerk results, candidates will also get their score and cut off marks.
Candidates should follow the steps listed here to check the SBI clerk result 2020.
How to check SBI Clerk Result 2020
- Click on the Direct Link of SBI Clerk result 2020 for Prelims.
- Fill your registration number/roll number and date of birth.
- Next, enter the image captcha words (security code)
- Click on the Login button to easily check your SBI Clerk result 2020.
SBI releases results for the preliminary as well as the main exam of SBI Clerk 20200exam along with cut off marks. According to rules, candidates that have passed the preliminary examination can appear for the primary phase and those selected after mains are eligible for a local language test.
After this test, a final list of qualified candidates is released by SBI for SBI Clerk Recruitment. This list is based on the score in the main exams. After getting selected, candidates get the opportunity to enter their dream job as a clerk in SBI.
Some highlights of SBI Clerk result 2020 are as follows:
- The authorities of SBI hold the right to announce the results of the SBI Clerk examination 2020 on its official website.
- The results can be easily downloaded from the SBI official website, sbi.co.in
- To check the SBI clerk result candidates must enter details such as roll number and date of birth on the relevant page.
- You must take a print out of your result for future reference.
- All measures regarding the candidate’s written exam score, the category of candidates and the number of vacancies are taken by the higher competent authorities of the bank.
SBI Clerk 2020 Exam Cut off
SBI has released cut off marks for prelims and mains exams. The SBI Clerk 2020 Exam cut off varies every year based on the state of the candidate and difficulty level of the question paper. It also depends on the availability of vacancies and the number of candidates appearing for the examination.
The candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of performance and the number of vacancies. This time the bank has decided to select the candidates 10 times to the number of vacancies available.
There will no sectional cut-off in both the SBI Clerk Recruitment & mains exams. So this year candidates need to worry about the sectional cut off, but they need to be focused on their overall score to qualify for the next round.
To get an idea, it’s fair to refer to the previous year state wise SBI clerk cut-offs listed in the following table.
Here is the 2020’s SBI Clerk cut off marks by state & category wise for prelims & mains exam:
SBI Clerk Prelims Cut off 2020
|State Name||Cut Off|
SBI Clerk Mains cut off 2020
SBI Clerk Cut off by Category
Best Books for SBI Clerk Recruitment
In order to prepare for the State Bank of India Clerk exam, you need to have the right kind of resources: the best books for State Bank of India Clerk exam. The set of books for each section as listed below have been recommended by top teachers and toppers:
SBI Clerk Books For Numerical Ability
- Quantum CAT by Sarvesh Kumar Verma
- Quantitative Aptitude by Arun Sharma
SBI Clerk Books For the English Language
- English Grammar by Wren and Martin
- Objective English by S.P Bakshi
- Word Power made easy by Norman Lewis
SBI Clerk Books For Reasoning Ability
- Analytical Reasoning by MK Pandey
- Modern Approach to Verbal Reasoning by R.S. Aggarwal
- Test of Reasoning by Edgar Thorpe
SBI Clerk Books For Computer Aptitude
- Lucent’s Computer by Rani Ahilya
- Objective Computer Awareness by Somya Ranjan Behera
SBI Clerk Books For General/Financial Awareness
- Lucent’s General Knowledge
- Banking and Economic Awareness by Rakesh Kumar
- Banking, Financial & General Awareness by I K Pavel
Preparation for SBI Clerk 2020
The State Bank of India Clerk preparation needs one to be very serious and methodical as you need to score as high as possible in order to guarantee your selection. Even though the Prelims exam is just qualifying in nature, you need to prepare in a way that guarantees a high score because the same three sections of Prelims are there in Mains as well, and provisional allotment will be based on the marks secured by the candidates in the Main exam.
Have a clear knowledge of the exam pattern and syllabus. Then finish each and every topic. Understand the theory behind the concepts and solve as many practice questions as possible. Develop reading habits as well. Go through a sufficient number of example problems before solving practice questions for SBI Clerk Recruitment.
Once you have finished the whole syllabus, take mock tests and then identify the areas you are weak at for SBI Clerk Recruitment. Work on them and improve yourself. Also, improve your time management and question selection skills.
SBI Clerk 2020- FAQ
Q1. When will the Official Notification of SBI Clerk 2020 Exam be released?
- The Official Notification for SBI Clerk Recruitment will be released on 2nd January 2020.
Q2. When will the SBI Clerk 2020 Exam be conducted?
- SBI Clerk 2020 Prelims exam is tentatively scheduled in the month of February/March 2020, while the mains examination will be conducted on 19 April 2020.
Q3. What is the last date to apply online for SBI Clerk 2020 Exam?
- The last date to apply online for SBI Clerk Recruitment is 26th January 2020.
Q4. How many vacancies are there in SBI Clerk 2020 Exam?
- There are total 8000+ vacancies for SBI Clerk Recruitment this year through SBI Clerk (Junior Associates) 2020 Exam.
Q5. Is the SBI Clerk exam Bilingual?
- All tests of the SBI Clerk 2020 exam are bilingual, i.e. available in both English and Hindi.
Q6. Is There Any Negative Marking?
- Yes, there is a negative marking in the SBI Clerk exam for wrong answers in both preliminary and mains exams. One-fourth of the total marks will be deducted for the question marked wrong by the candidate.
Q7. Are there fixed timings for different sections in the SBI Clerk Exam?
- Yes, Both in Prelims and Mains Exams.
Q8. What is the salary of SBI Clerk 2020?
- The SBI Clerk salary starts with basic pay of Rs 11,765 with an annual increment of Rs 655. According to the official SBI clerk 2020 notification, the pay scale is Rs. 11765-655/3-13730-815/3-16175-980/4-20095-1145/7-28110-2120/1-30230-1310/1-31540.
We hope this detailed article about SBI Clerk Recruitment helped you. You can share it with your friends to help them with the SBI clerk 2020 exam and if you have any problem to apply for SBI Clerk recruitment 2020 then you can drop your comment in the comment box below.